Thursday, August 29, 2013

its been 30 years.

Well, I'm 30 now.
I've talked to a few women that have recently turned 30 (my friend Jessica, as noted in my last post), who have been 30 for a few years, and who will soon be 30.  I'm not sure what the general consensus is, but one thing I gathered from our conversations is, women love to talk about turning 30 and that it is a bit empowering.

As far as the celebration goes, I decided that I wanted a very small, intimate dinner party with my dearest of friends and family.  The theme was Italian and everyone brought a dish to share with me.  I made my Uncle Charlie's sauce and homemade pasta, it was a 2 day process but so so worth it.  The last thing I wanted to do was take photos, so my friends Ellie and Kristen snagged my camera and these were the shots that came of it.

Thank you to those who made it so special.  Here's to a lovely year.






























2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! It looks like such a relaxed and joyful celebration. Love you! xoxo, A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie, you're so super cute. I sure do wish that we lived closer together.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete